TITLE: Cabin Builder
WORK: Full-Time employee with flexible hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Driver’s License, contruction experience & eligible to work in the United States
SUPERVISOR: Plant Manger
START DATE: Available Q2 2023
PAY: $18-$25/hour (depending on experience)
• Safely build cabins to the required specifications, work orders and floorplans.
• Keep an organized, clean and safe workspace with materials stocked nearby.
• Listen and communicate well with Plant Manager & co-workers.
• Exemplify Westwood Core Values.
• Cut/rip/trim lumber, trim, and siding to correct lengths with correct angles.
• Correctly assemble cut materials into a cabin, using best practices from residential construction.
• Nail lumber, flooring, and siding according to proper fastener schedules.
• Properly install roof coverings, with metal panels or asphalt shingles.
• Paint, trim, and caulk building to create a waterproof and long lasting building.
• Use personal protective equipment such as eye and ear protection, proper footwear, etc. as outlined by our Safety Policy.
• View build schedules and have necessary doors, trusses and shutters on hand for cabin builders when needed.
• Clean up work space, empty trash bins, clean paint equipment and maintain tools between builds.
• Stack/store/organize/manage raw materials storage on racks/shelves in work area.
• Perform daily/weekly/monthly shop cleanup chores as directed by Plant Manager.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Forklift Safety Course
• Provide personal construction tools, like battery-powered hand tools, hammers, workbelt, tape measures, pliers, nail clips, square, etc.
• Basic construction knowledge and skills, including reading drawings, understanding angles, eye-hand coordination, safe use of power tools, pneumatic nailers, forklifts and other equipment, etc.
• Able to communicate, document & report using tools such as chat, email, calendar, etc.
• Be motivated to work and able to follow instructions and directions; team-oriented, personally motivated and individually responsible.
• Operate efficiently and communicate clearly to help the team to achieve excellence.
• This can be a physically demanding job, as most blue-collar, construction work tends to be. Physical fitness is a priority, a prospect will need to be physically fit and capable.
• $18-$25/hour (depending on experience)
• Vacation Pay: One work week (5 business days) annually, reimbursed at an average weekly pay rate for 40 hours. Benefit does not roll over if unused. Valid after one year of full-time work at Westwood.
• Holiday Pay: Six days off for special holidays, reimbursed at an average weekly pay rate for 8 hours per day. Holiday Pay is only for days off work (you can’t work and collect holiday pay). Benefit does not roll over if unused. Valid after three months of full-time work at Westwood. Holidays are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas
• Work Comp Policy: A work/comp policy is in place.
• Westwood Vacation: A 3-week vacation with paid time off and a travel stipend can be taken after the 6th year and during the 7th year of work at Westwood.
• Bonuses: Bonus eligibility based on tenure, production, profitability, and Core Values.
*Clicking Apply Now will redirect you to complete the job application on our parent company site, Westwood Tribe.